Monday, September 28, 2009

thinking about one of my best friends

i was reading a blog earlier written by one of my best friends (we actually think we supposed to be twin sisters *our birthdays are a couple weeks apart* but whoever was passing out the souls messed up). anyway, it got me thinking of her.
we met when i moved to dehesa from lemon grove at montgomery middle school. she was short like me, and we discovered that both of us had skipped a grade (though i think hers was 3rd and mine was 2nd)so we were both young for our grade. anyway, we were fast friends and from 7th grade through 10th grade i believe i spent more time at her house than mine. she was even my "date" for the 8th grade harbor cruise because we wanted to wear pretty dresses and go on a harbor cruise - boys be damned!
i am not going to go on a whole "everything i remember about the stuff we did" trip because that would take forever. *but watch out dana because i have a photo album in storage that is full of you and me in the early 90's and you better believe i'll scan them :)*
but in her blog she was talking about some hardships in her life and it made me think back on what a protector she has always been. we did some crazy teen stuff, but when i look back i see how much dana had her head on her shoulders even when we were being crazy. blonde jokes annoyed her because she is a natural blonde (with dark eyebrows - but i swear she is natural blonde) and smarter than most people i know. i have never been very authoritative and dana was definitely the driving force our duo :)she also looked out for me a lot. the first time i got drunk, a guy brought me into his room and dana immediately busted down the door and brought me bread. when i had a breakdown and left my house, she made brandon drive around his van until she found me and brought me to her house. there are many examples.
i guess why i have been thinking about this is because i have infinite faith that she will deal with her hardships in the best way possible. she has the best combination of level-headedness and heart of anyone i have met in my life. she is one of the best people in the world to have on your side. i left a comment to her when i read her blog about how i hope she remembers to take care of herself though. we have been apart a lot years now, so i don't know if she forgets to take care of herself - i could see it go either way. but, dana you are and have always been one of the most amazing women i know. our differences are superficial, but our sames go straight through.

No comments:

Post a Comment