Tuesday, July 19, 2011

a step-dad for my little

so, kevin has never been a big fan of children. mostly he is disappointed with the way our species behaves toward our planet and thinks the world would be better off if we would please stop breeding and just die off. in light of this, i am really amazed and grateful for the relationship he has ended up forging with my daughter.

for the first couple years, he pretty much left the parenting to me (with occasional behind-the-scenes advice or insight), though he was always friendly with cass and genuinely liked her. but over the last year and a half or so, their relationship has really grown. it has been really touching to watch as they have become family to each other. kevin thinks of himself as a dad to her, and she has never really had that in any of my previous relationships (excepting, of course, her actual father). for the first time since her dad and i split, i feel like i have support raising my daughter.

it has been a real joy watching them grow to love each other. i am so thankful for my little family. they both bless my life in so many ways and i am a lucky lucky lady.

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet! I think you need a nice photo of them together to accompany your story. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. brigitta, i just realized i don't have ONE single picture of them together! and she is on the east coast for three more weeks... so i'll have to wait on that :)

    ReplyDelete